Volunteer Engagement Assistant
GoochlandCares is seeking a Volunteer Engagement Assistant to support volunteer engagement throughout the organization and to provide administrative assistance at the front desk. Volunteer engagement includes volunteer recruitment and community outreach; volunteer onboarding, training, and scheduling; volunteer retention and appreciation; event planning; and administrative support. The front desk role manages first impressions onsite and by telephone. The Volunteer Engagement Assistant reports to the Director of Volunteer Resources.
Full-time position includes health insurance benefit, short-term disability (after one year employment), PTO, holidays, retirement, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay range $16-19
Essential Job Functions:
• Engage volunteers to enhance and extend programs to deliver our mission
• Provide meaningful and rewarding experiences for individual and group volunteers
• Communicate volunteer opportunities and impact via social media, newsletters, print materials, website, and other tools
• Plan and staff special events
• Provide administrative support
• Assist clients, volunteers, visitors, and staff at the front desk or by phone in a professional, courteous, and welcoming manner
• Enter and retrieve information via a variety of databases
• Commitment to mission of GoochlandCares
• High school diploma or equivalency required
• 2-3 years of experience working with volunteers and/or Certification in Volunteer Administration (CVA)
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in discussing clients, volunteers, and matters pertaining to GoochlandCares
• Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
• Fluency in English and Spanish is a plus
• Skills to operate basic office equipment
• Ability to work some evening and weekend hours
• Commitment to report to work regularly and on time
• Attention to detail
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. GoochlandCares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political or religious beliefs.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to dreale@GoochlandCares.org by Monday, May 23, 2022.
Our mission is to provide basic human services and health care to our Goochland neighbors in need.