Administrative Assistant/Main Phone Position Announcement
-GoochlandCares Administrative Assistant/Main Phone is responsible for the professional and efficient management of the main telephone line as well as a variety of clerical duties that support the operation of the organization.
-Part-time (24 hr/week) benefits include PTO, holidays, retirement, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
-Pay range $15—$18
-Persons with Spanish/English bilingual skills strongly encouraged to apply
Essential Job Functions
- Answers the main telephone line and manages calls via phone system in a professional, courteous and welcoming manner.
- Provides information to callers about programs and administration of GoochlandCares.
- Schedules clients as needed and directed (e.g. transportation appointments).
- Supports Front Desk staff with assisting clients, volunteers, visitors and staff, as needed.
- Engages all volunteers in a professional, courteous, and welcoming manner.
- Enters and retrieves information from a variety of sources into databases (e.g. ECW, eTapestry, Outlook, etc).
- Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Keeps confidentiality in discussing clients, fellow staff members, volunteers, and matters pertaining to GoochlandCares.
- Commitment to mission and vision of GoochlandCares required
- High school diploma or equivalency required; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Six to 12 months office experience preferred
- Strong computer skills required
- Fluency in Spanish and English preferred
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Understanding that all employees are responsible for volunteer engagement as evidenced by demonstration of effective skills in working with volunteers
- Excellent communication abilities
- Operate basic office equipment
- Attention to detail
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. GoochlandCares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political or religious beliefs.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to dreale@GoochlandCares.org by Tuesday, February 1, 2022.