FOOD PANTRY MANAGER
Full-Time 40 hr/week Exempt
Benefits include holidays, retirement, and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pay range $18.50 —$21 depending on experience and education
The Food Pantry Manager oversees the Food Pantry and is responsible for Food Pantry functions including supervising staff and volunteers and acquiring, managing, and distributing food resources as defined in GoochlandCares Food Pantry Policies and Procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure clients receive food pantry services by implementing trauma-informed practices that promote the dignity of all clients, volunteers, donors, and staff
- Supervise staff and volunteers
- Solicit and coordinate food acquisitions
- Ensure the food pantry is stocked, organized, and clean
- Oversee and ensure accurate and efficient input into the client database
- Manage relationships with community stakeholders including other food pantries, service providers, and community groups
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associates Degree and two years’ experience; High School Diploma may be considered depending on experience.
- At least three years related experience in a non-profit setting
- Ability to lift at least 35 pounds * Ability to stand and bend for several hours
- Commitment to the mission of the GoochlandCares
- Demonstrated computer competency in Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn additional data bases
- Ability to coordinate scheduling, route development and communications with multiple partners
- Valid VA driver’s license and safe driving record (per insurance standards)
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
This is not a complete job description.
GoochlandCares is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, political or religious beliefs.
Send resume and cover letter to Carol Dunlap: email@example.com