This 32-hour per week position is responsible for the professional and efficient managing of the Financial Assistance program and for providing case management services to GoochlandCares clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to inquiries regarding financial and other case management needs.
- Interviews clients regarding specific needs.
- Instructs clients on what documentation is needed to complete the financial assistance process.
- Schedules appointments.
- Advises clients of services offered by outside agencies in the community, as needed.
- Completes forms and documentation accurately.
- Supervises and supports volunteers.
- Manages the VITA tax preparation program.
- Obtains required approval for funds to assist in meeting financial need.
- Accurately records client information in eClinicalWorks.
- Documents all client activities in a service plan consistent with organizations procedures.
- Keeps confidentiality in discussing clients, fellow staff members, volunteers and matters pertaining to GoochlandCares.
- At all times keeps supervisor well informed of activities, client interview results and potential problems that may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required; social work degree preferred.
- At least two year’s related experience in a non-profit setting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic financial literacy.
- Excellent communications skills • Ability to make assessments of client circumstances and make decisions accordingly • Understand that all employees are responsible for volunteer engagement as evidenced by demonstration of effective skills in working with volunteers • Ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion • Outstanding computer literacy skills • Close attention to detail • Ability to identify and react professionally, cheerfully and courteously to situations as they present themselves • Ability to interact with a variety of individuals in a kind, professional manner • Competent in data entry skills
- Based on experience.
- PTO, Retirement
- Send resume and cover letter Carol Dunlap, Family Services Director, at cdunlap@GoochlandCares.org by April 22, 2019.