GoochlandCares is OPEN.
GoochlandCares is monitoring the coronavirus, or COVID-19, situation carefully. Our goal is to protect our staff, clients, and volunteers, while continuing to provide vital services as resources and circumstances allow.
Our plan includes minimizing person-to-person contacts by changing program delivery and cancelling group meetings and activities. GoochlandCares will update procedures as necessary based on federal and state recommendations as we strive to deliver critical services to the most vulnerable in our community
We are asking clients to call ahead for instructions instead of walking in for services. We continue to answer the phone, man the front desk, and deliver services with the following changes:
- Medical care will be done remotely by phone and medication pick ups will be brought out to the patient’s car.
- The Food Pantry is providing pre-packed bags in the parking lot outside the Food Pantry. If clients prefer, they may order food by clicking our online order form or by calling (804) 556-6260.
- Dental clinic is handling emergencies only.
- Other programs – Sexual Violence, Financial Assistance, Critical Home Repair – are working with clients by phone.
- Medical Transportation is suspended.
- The Clothes Closet is closed to shoppers and we are not accepting donations at this time.
GoochlandCares has suspended volunteer activity, meetings, and orientation. All questions about volunteering should be directed to Diane Reale, 804-556-0712, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Because many of our clients work hourly jobs and may have their hours cut, we expect the demand for our services will increase. We are continuing to accept food donations. You can also order food online and have it shipped to GoochlandCares, 2999 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063, 804-556-6260.
To donate securely online CLICK HERE or visit GoochlandCares.org.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 804-556-6260.
More to come as the situation changes – and it will change!
Thank you for your support. We are truly grateful.
–Your friends at GoochlandCares
CLICK HERE for letter as PDF.
CLICK HERE for list of in-kind donations needed.